7 Questions to Inspire Thinking and Ideas: ThingLink App

I had the opportunity to "lead" #1to1ipadchat,with Dena Gynn last week. Follow @Glynn_ed 

In preparation for the event, Dena advised me to write 6 questions to guide a discussion and provide examples. I did that and I also scheduled the timed released tweets through Tweet Deck. These tips from Dena helped tremendously.




I wondered if the prep would help me follow the conversation, since I'll admit I have a 
difficult time keeping up with Twitter Chats. I did see my questions in the hashtag feed, but they were just there. I don't think anyone responded, but I did notice some people retweeting them. Still, the answers and questions were hard to follow. We were all talking about other things, and that was a good thing too.


A New View of the Questions & Examples

To organize and share the questions and examples from the Twitter Chat I used a Google Form as a model for a content delivery method that works well with learners, young and old. This Google Form is designed to introduce ideas and provide the opportunity for feedback. 

If you please, you can view the questions and examples without actually responding to any of them. Click on the icon or link and you will be taken away from this blog to the Google form where all questions are optional and feedback is appreciated! 


The Form | Think | View Examples |Get Inspired |Connect 


2 comments

Susan,

I totally agree with you about how Twitter chats are hard to follow, but I get such a rush from participating in them! I think we all got a little ADD during the chat and got sidetracked with other related topics, which still made the chat very informative and useful. I made a few new Twitter friends and we all shared some great ideas. I really did try to answer the questions, but found myself missing some of them due to the side conversations.

I like your idea of utilizing the Google form to gather feedback (much easier and more organized than the Twitter chats). This could be a good follow up after the chat -- tweet the link to the form and participants (or even late comers) could provide the feedback through the Google form. It would be a good way to archive the chat results too. Teachers could also use this as a form of peer review in the classroom. How would you share the results after you receive the feedback from everyone?

Reply

Thanks for the feedback, Cathy.

Yes, Twitter chats are very exciting and they prompt great communication. I think a form like this could be used as a follow up, or perhaps shortened and used as an introduction to spark some discussion.

Results can be shared in a number of ways, but the easiest way is through the Summary of Results that creates a simple graph. They are also fun to Wordle.

With students, you would need to make questions required for accountability of course. This form does not require responses and I am not getting any! :-D
,

Reply

Share